Working at Thorn gives you the opportunity to apply your skills, expertise, and passion to directly impact the lives of vulnerable children. Our staff tackles dynamic, quickly evolving problems with our diverse network of partners. We innovate cutting-edge technology, work directly with service organizations, and build engaged communities, all with the children we serve as our center. We are a fully distributed team backed by a dedicated and growing network of supporters. If you’re able to bring clarity to complexity and lightness to heavy problems, you might be a great fit for our team.
Join our team.
What it’s like to work at Thorn
At Thorn, we combine the nimbleness of a startup with the mission and values of a non-profit. Our success is measured by how many children we’ve helped save, how many cases we’ve contributed to solving and how much harm we’ve prevented. Through focused and persistent effort, we can stop online child sexual abuse.
Day to day, we strive to balance hard work with care for ourselves and each other so that we have the resiliency we need to keep fighting. Working sane hours is just one of the ways we are committed to taking care of our team.
- Challenging work that allows you to learn and apply your skills to life-changing products.
- Collaboration with experts who provide real world feedback to the tools you make.
- Clear goals, unclear solutions, and the opportunity to make a big mark on our products.
- Competitive salary.
- Fully covered health care for you and your family.
- Matched 401[k].
- Flexible work schedules and locations.
- Monthly team and individual wellness sessions.
- Flexible vacation policy, standard holidays and three weeks off as a company, one for Thanksgiving, two between Christmas and the first week of the new year.
- Amazing, amazing, amazing coworkers.
- We are a distributed team, designed to support teams across states and time zones. We’re together as a full team at least twice a year, and as smaller teams more often. When we’re together there are fun team events. And when we’re apart we make space on Slack for channels to discuss hobbies and interests.
Thorn is a strong and flexible team because of the diverse backgrounds of our staff. This includes professional background, subject matter expertise, culture, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, hobbies, etc. We strongly encourage women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.